21 Reasons Why Mom is Amazing
Mother’s Day is right around the corner. An annual day reminding us all to celebrate and appreciate our moms. After all, she’s given us so much. Our incredible sense of humor, mindblowing intelligence, and stellar good looks. Perhaps, this year we’ll let her take some of the credit for those qualities. But in all honesty, moms make the world go ’round and we wouldn’t be who we are without them. Just don’t let them in on this top-secret intel. Here are just a few reasons why moms are so amazing.
1. She birthed us. She deserves a medal for this alone.
2. She always came to our childhood games and cheered for us. Even those 8 am games.
3. She’s a great cook.
4. She tells the best stories.
5. She lets us roast her. And, she can dish it right back.
6. She prepared us for the real world.
7. She’s smart. And, she knows it too.
8. She taught us how to budget our money.
9. She showed us to be independent.
10. She puts us in our place.
11. She can’t dance, but that doesn’t stop her from trying.
12. Her friends are super rad.
13. She lets us use her Netflix login.
14. When we were kids, she always took us to the park.
15. She’s always there for us when we need her.
16. She’s confident and fierce.
17. She’s not a regular mom. She’s a “cool mom.”
18. She’s a gifted athlete.
19. She loves us unconditionally.
20. She taught us how to drink.
21. She taught us to believe in ourselves.
Honestly, we do think Moms are awesome and they teach us so much. Thank you for being there and supporting us! We love you!
Mom Spells Wow Upside Down
On a personal note, I would like to take the extra time to tell the woman who pushed me to be the man I am today.
My mom, Debbie Conway, like a lot of moms, decided to be a stay at home mom. As if being home to raise my sister, Tiffany, and I wasn’t enough, she made summer days all about us too. Whether it was bowling, miniature golf, playing in the sprinkler in the front yard, or teaching my how to swing my first baseball bat, she always made the time. My sister and I are who we are today due to the dedication and hard work our Mom put into raising us.
My Mom is the one who taught me about customer service. She taught me that the customer always comes first even if the situation at hand may prove that the business may be right. It is always better to lose the battle and win the war (the war being making sure every customer walks out a happy customer.) My mom is my walking billboard. She brags to anyone who will listen about her kids.
Over the years she has become as well known in the community as me. My staff lovingly calls her mom because she is in the restaurant every week supporting me. If it wasn’t for my mom I wouldn’t be who I am today and on Mothers Day especially I want to thank her for raising me to be the man I am. Remember if you flip the word mom right side up it spells “wow” so make sure you take a moment on this mothers day to reach out to all mothers and thank them. If it wasn’t for them none of us would be who we are today!