3 Must-Try Summer Recipes
One of the best things about summer is savoring the seasonal flavors. With longer days and nicer weather, there are plenty of opportunities to whip up a great meal or dessert for your friends and family. Whether you’re relaxing in the air conditioning or sunbathing by the pool, these three summer recipes are calling your name.
Mouthwatering Caprese Flatbread Pizza
As soon as summer hits, cravings for flatbreads on the grill are sure to take over. It’s also a great time of year for a slice of pizza (or several). Thankfully, there’s a way to experience the best of both worlds. One of our favorite summer recipes takes flatbread pizza to an entirely new level. Make your own with these steps:
- Set your oven to 450°F.
- Lay out your flatbread, two large pieces of naan or pre-made pizza crust – whatever you prefer.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Slice one cup of cherry tomatoes and one cup of mozzarella and arrange over flatbread.
- Sprinkle with spices like salt, pepper, basil, and oregano.
- Top with a ¼ cup of reduced balsamic vinegar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbling.
- Dress with another ¼ cup of reduced balsamic vinegar.
- Cut into pizza slices and serve hot.
Fried Goat Cheese Salad with Homemade Raspberry Dressing
As far as summer recipes are concerned, fresh produce always comes to mind. After all, the warm and sunny weather inspires us to cook with seasonal fruits and vegetables. So, what better time to change up your salad than the summer? Treat yourself and follow these steps for a cheesy twist on a fun salad:
- Lightly bread slices of goat cheese with an egg, flour and breadcrumb mixture, and fry.
- In a medium-sized bowl, arrange layers of fresh greens of your choice, such as arugula, kale or spinach.
- Add seasonal fruits, like strawberries, avocados, peaches, and slices of watermelon.
- Don’t forget the vegetables. Add carrots, snap peas, beets, broccoli, etc.
- Then, top with fried goat cheese.
- Finally, finish it off with a homemade dressing by blending together raspberries, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and poppy seeds.
No-Bake Icebox Cake
Chocolate and whipped cream – what’s not to love? There are few better ways to cool down on a warm summer night than with a slice of icebox cake. This must-try dessert is sure to please any crowd. Skip preheating the oven – you won’t need it. And the best part? It only requires three ingredients, an electric mixer, and a 9-inch springform pan. Try this simple recipe from the Food Network:
- Attach a whisk attachment on your electric mixer.
- Whisk together one quart of heavy whipping cream with one cup of powdered sugar until stiff.
- Crush one-third of a 9-ounce box of thin chocolate wafer cookies into coarse crumbs and set aside.
- In your pan, spread a third of the whipped cream across the bottom evenly.
- Place half of the whole wafers over the whipped cream.
- Spread a second layer of whipped cream over the wafers.
- Top the second whipped cream layer with the remaining whole wafers, followed by a final layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the crushed wafers you set aside earlier.
- Cover and refrigerate for six hours or until firm. Remove the cake from the pan and enjoy.
Savor the Summer at Garry’s
These three summer recipes are sure to freshen up your meals any night of the week. On the other hand, as nice as it is to cook at home, Garry’s is open seven days per week when you need a break. We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, and you’re sure to find even more must-try recipes on our menus. Visit us at 553 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard in Severna Park. For more information, give us a call at 410-544-0499.