3 Simple Dinner Recipes to Try at Home
After a long, tiring day, the last thing you want to do is cook dinner. Extravagant dishes require extra time, attention and ingredients, and even then there’s no promise it will taste good. On the other hand, many of the easy-to-create dishes on the internet are too basic in their taste and ingredients, which can make you feel like a college student again. When you need an easy dish that doesn’t skimp out on flavor, give one of these simple dinner recipes a try.
Garlic Parmesan Pasta
Prepare this creamy dish in one single pan! Combining the bold flavor of garlic with the tender taste of noodles, Garlic Parmesan Pasta is sure to please the whole family. You’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- At least 1 cup of milk
- 8 ounces of fettuccine or your pasta of choice
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan
- Steamed broccoli
- Begin cooking by melting the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Slowly add in the minced garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- Then, stir in the chicken broth, milk, and pasta, while adding salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- After you’ve got all the ingredients together, bring the sauce to a boil before lowering the heat to a simmer.
- Stir the pasta regularly for the next 18 to 20 minutes until it’s cooked through. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and before serving, mix in the steamed broccoli.
Lemon Pepper Chicken
There’s nothing bland about this Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe. Enjoy the zesty, fresh flavor of lemon and a kick of pepper when you whip up this dish. To prepare, you’ll need these ingredients:
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 lemons
- 1 pound of chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour, lemon pepper, salt and lemon zest from 1 lemon before whisking.
- Coat the chicken breasts in your all-purpose flour, ensuring full coverage. The rest of your lemon should then be sliced into thin rounds.
- Add oil in a large, oven-proof skillet and turn to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken breasts for a few minutes until they have a golden coloring on the bottom before flipping.
- Then, add the broth, butter, lemon slices, and garlic to your skillet and bake until the chicken is cooked through. This will take about 15 minutes.
Although they may sound and taste fancy, risottos are simple dinner recipes that add elegance and flavor to your home-cooking repertoire. For this Tomato Risotto, you’ll be using:
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 10 ounces of sliced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 large chopped onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups of rice
- One cup of dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups of grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Heat the chicken stock on low in a medium pan.
- Using a small Dutch oven, combine the sun-dried tomatoes with garlic, oil, onions, salt, and pepper. Saute the mixture for a couple of minutes before adding in the rice and wine.
- Stir for a few more minutes until the wine is completely absorbed.
- Then, add the first 3 cups of chicken stock slowly while stirring continuously for 5 to 7 minutes.
- After the rice has absorbed most of the liquid, pour in the final 2 cups of stock, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Finally, remove the dish from the oven, and add cheese and butter until the risotto reaches a creamy consistency.
Stop by Garry’s
Looking for some home-cooked, comfort food? If you’re not in the mood to cook one of these simple dinner recipes tonight, grab a bite to eat at Garry’s. Explore our variety of menus online, or for more information on all we offer, contact us online or give us a call at 410-544-0499.